Last updated on 20th June 2022.
Throughout this document, the terms “we”, “us”, “our” & “ours” refer to PT TVS Motor Company Indonesia. And the terms “you”, “your” & “yours” refer to YOU (the individual whose Personal Data we are referring to).
What Personal Data Do We Collect, Store and Process?
Categories of Personal Data that we collect, store and process are as follows:
- Demographic, Identity & Contact Data (for e.g.,name, email address, Kartu Tanda Penduduk, contact number, physical address, and pin code)
- Online Identifiers and other Technical Data (for e.g.,IP address, browser type, device identifiers)
- Vehicle Data (for e.g., Type of vehicle bought, vehicle interested in)
- Communications details (for e.g., communication done through emails)
- Financial Data (for e.g., bank account number, credit card number)
Where Do We Collect Your Personal Data From?
- When you visit our website or social media pages and fill in the registration form and use the Contact Us facility.
- When you show interest in purchasing our products to our dealers.
- When you provide us with your information at PT TVS Motor Company Indonesia’s events.
- When you buy a vehicle from our dealer.
- When we receive a request for service and parts through our dealers.
- When you interact with us via our websites or use services on our websites.
- When you sign-up to become our dealer.
- When you are a prospective employee and share your information with us from our careers page on our website.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
A. If you express an interest in our product, our dealer shall collect and share your Personal Data with us to maintain purchase records
B. If you are an existing customer, we collect your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services (including but not limited to providing new parts based on the vehicles being sold, launching of new vehicles)
- To generate analytics relating to use of our vehicles by you. (including trends of sale of the vehicles in Indonesia)
- To communicate with you regarding existing products and services availed by you, including notifications of any alerts or updates
- To evaluate, develop and improve our products and services
- For market and product analysis and market research
- To send you information about our other products or services which may be of interest to you
- To obtain feedback and handle enquiries and complaints
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements
C. If you are a dealer, we collect your Personal Data for registration and billing purposes
D. If you are a website visitor, we process your Personal Data to optimize your website experience and customize content
E. If you are a prospective employee contacting us through our Careers Page on the website, we process your personal data for purposes of employment
On What Legal Grounds Do We Process Your Personal Data?
We process your Personal Data by relying on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- You have consented to us processing your Personal Data for specified reasons
- The processing is necessary to carry out our contractual obligation with you (for e.g., to communicate with you regarding existing products and services availed by you)
- To evaluate, develop and improve our products and services
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we may have towards other stakeholders like law enforcement agencies, government agencies, regulators, etc
Where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any point in time. Upon receipt of your request to withdraw your consent, the consequences of withdrawal will be communicated to you. In many cases, upon such a withdrawal, we may not be able to continue offering our products and services to you. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us using the details specified in the ‘Contact Us’ section.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Data With?
We may disclose your Personal Data to:
- Our Parent Company TVS Motor India for business and operational purposes;
- Our affiliates or group companies;
- Our Dealers; and/or
- Third Party Service Providers who work for us or provide services or products to us.
We may also share your Personal Data under the following circumstances:
- To respond to court orders, or legal process, or to establish our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If we are acquired by or merged with another company.
International Data Transfer
How Do We Secure Your Personal Data?
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data in our custody. We take reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate physical, technical and managerial safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, alteration, transmission, and deletion. We train our employees about the importance of maintaining the privacy and security of your Personal Data. We ensure that the third parties with whom we share your Personal Data under appropriate contracts take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data in line with our policies.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
What Are Your Privacy Rights?
You have certain rights regarding your Personal Data that is with us, and we commit to providing you with them.
- Right to Access: You have the right to access your personal data that is with us along with other supporting information.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify your Personal Data that is with us that you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to update your Personal Data that you think is incomplete or out-of-date.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data that is with us under certain circumstances.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances.
- Right to Delisting: You have the right to removal of your personal data from search engine results
Links to Other Websites
How Do We Keep This Policy Up to Date?
How Do You Contact Us?
For any further queries and complaints related to privacy or exercising your rights, you could reach our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com